Everybody Uses A PC In The Present Era And Most Of The PC’s Or Laptops Users Generally Use Windows Operating system, As Windows Is The Most Common Used Operating system Which Is User-Friendly But You Known Windows Come Up With A Bunch Of Great Errors If You Had Used It Or Installed It In A Wrong Way.
For Example If You Had Used A Pirated Copy Of Windows Or You Had Not Registered The Copy Of Windows You Had Installed In Your PC Then You Will surely Get A Error Like Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine But sometimes This Error Also Comes Due To any Internal Error But You Must Be Happy As Today We Are Going To Tell You How To Fix This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error.
Errors Are Frustrating While Running A Program Or Doing Any task On Any Device And The Most Irritating Errors Are The Pop Up Error And One Example Of A Pop Up Errors Are This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error Which Will Prevent You From Doing A Certain Function Or Running A Program Plus It Always Pop Ups Whenever You Turns On Your PC .
**This guide is for educational purposes only; we do not promote the use of pirated windows or the software being bought from third parties. The best and most fool proof method is to buy windows from the official seller. It will cost a little money but save you the inconvenience. (Link to the official site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/b/home)
Now starting off on how to remove or fix this error, you should know that this method works on both 34-bit and 64-bit versions of window 7.
Symptoms: These are few things you will see when this error appears.
- A fully black screen will appear.
- An error message on the bottom right corner will be displayed: “This copy of windows is not genuine.”
- And If you try to use vbs /dlv to view the licensing status, you receive the following message: Error: 0x80070005 Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges.
This image is what you will mainly see on your screen. The error 0x80070005 comes for the “Windows 7 build 7600.” This in turn is not a big issue and can be resolved; there is no need to panic.
Don’t Worry We Are Giving You An Ultimate solution On How To Fix This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error With Which You Will Never Get This Type Of Error Again In Your PC Computer.
We Will Guide You Through The Tutorial On How To Fix This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error And This Tutorial Is As Easy As Opening A Opening A File But What You Need Is A Little Concentration Over The Tutorial.
Why You Should Get Rid Of This Type Of Error?
There Are A Bunch Of Great And Strong Reasons Of Getting Rid Of This Error, We Had Mentioned some Of Them Below
- It is the most irritating error which prompts on the regular intervals which reduces your overall productivity.
- This error gradually reduces the performance of your computer, which makes it damn slow to get your work done.
- You can’t change the wallpaper of your computer, you are left with the black background.
- A tiny error message above the notification area, which makes it hard to remove while taking the snapshots.
- The laptop battery may drain quickly if you no longer thought of removing this error.
- Some of the features are restricted unless you remove this error on your computer.
Some Common Like Errors
Apart From This Error, There Are More Windows not genuine Or Windows Not Found Error, This Guide Will Also solve The similar Types Of Errors Related With It As Below
Other types of error,
- Windows is not genuine.
- this copy of windows is not genuine 7601
- Copy of Windows is not Genuine Vista.
- This copy of Windows is not Genuine 6002.
- Copy of Windows is not Genuine crack.
- This Computer is not Running Genuine Windows.
- This Copy of Windows is not Genuine 7600.
Reason Behind This Error
Getting This Type Of Errors Are sometimes Due To some Technical Faults But The Main Reason Behind The Error Is That You Are Not Using A Licensed Or Authorized Version Of Windows In Your PC. Most Of The Times When Anyone Buys A PC Then They Go For A Pirated Version Of Windows Instead Of Buying A Licensed Version But They Must Know That Using A Pirated Version Is A Crime And They Will Be Getting Great Errors And Program Faults In The Future.
3 Steps To Fix “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error”
Now You Had Already Known What And Why This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error Occurs And Errors Related To It. so We Have Been Moved To The Next Part That Is How To Fix This Error, You Could Fix This Error Easily No Matter You Are On 32 Bit Or 64 Bit PC. What You Have To Do Just Is To Execute The Below steps Carefully.
Step 1: Uninstall update KB971033
This update is known as the windows 7 activation checker update (KB971033) As mentioned earlier this error message may occur because a command prompt requires a higher level of an update then as to what it already has; means your windows has an updated file which can detect your Windows OS. And you need to uninstall that update. If only you see this update KB971033, then only you need to uninstall it. Otherwise, you skip this step and move on to the next step.
- Go to the start menu; open control panel from there.
- Go to “Security System” (skip this step if you use Windows XP)
- Go to “Windows Update Section”
- Click on “View installed updates” (link at the bottom left corner). If that link isn’t there, click on “view update history” and hit the “installed updates” link at the top.
- You’ll find a section named “Microsoft Windows”, scroll down and look for an update named KB971033.
- Right click it>click “uninstall”>click “okay”.
- Restart your PC, and check again that this update is uninstalled.
- **Note- You can also do a system restore, it will bring this update back. No need to worry.
Step 2: Use SLMGR -REARM command
- Move On To The Start Menu And Search For Command Prompt By Typing CMD And Run Command Prompt As Administrator. Another Option Is To Just The RUN Window By Pressing Windows+R Button And Type CMD And Run CMD From There.
2. Now, After Opening The Command Prompt As Administrator, What You Need Is To Type SLMGR -REARM In The Command Prompt Window and Press Enter [ Carefully Type The Command]. After Pressing The Enter You Will Get A Success Message Which Will Ask You To Restart Your Computer.
3. Now The Final And Simple Step By Which You Could Remove The Windows Not Genuine Error From Your System And That Is Just To Restart Your PC For The Changes To Take Effect.
Wow, You Had Successfully Completed Each And Every step And Had Removed Windows Is Not Genuine Error, Hope You Had Completed Each And Every step Carefully.
Step 3: Disable Auto Updates
You have to disable the auto-update feature of Windows which has been installed in your system, to make sure that windows not genuine error will not pop-up again.
To disable auto-updates follow the steps given below:
- Open Control Panel > System & Security > Turn Automatic Updates On or Off.
- Select “Never Check for Updates”
**NOTE- Don’t update your windows manually, as the OS will find out that your windows aren’t genuine and the error will appear again.
Must Read: This Video Is Not Available In Your Country
Errors Are Frustrating And Irritating And When You Get A Error In Your system Program Than Its A Great Issue As It Will Prevent You From Accessing some Features, In Windows The Most Common Error Occurred Is This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error Which Is Due To Using An Unlicensed Version Of Windows PC. We Had Fixed This Error And Thought Of Giving It To You And We Hope It Helped You In Fixing This Error. If Not Then Please Use The Comment section Below To Resolve Your Issue.
Windows 7 is the most recommended OS to do almost all work without any problem, So I recommend you to activate your existing OS
Which is distributing license for almost all types of Microsoft Products with good customer support. I personally use it and have a good experience.
You can upgrade your windows 7 or windows 8.1 pro to windows 10, But you can face some technical issues